Audition Notice for:
Artistic Synergy of Baltimore’s
- Thursday 5/23 – 7:00-9:00
- Friday 5/24 – 7:00-8:30
- Saturday 5/25 – 10:00am – 1:00pm
WHAT TO KNOW
- Auditioners must be between 13 and 19 years of age for this show. All roles are open and unpaid. The singing range
WHAT TO BRING
- Headshot / Picture
- Any and all conflicts for the run of the show and rehearsal period
WHAT TO PREPARE
- About 32 bars of a song from a musical (only sheet music or pre-recorded tracks will be accepted)
- Dress comfortably to participate in a short dance audition
- Be ready to read from the script.
EMMA WOODHOUSE (Female)
- A beautiful and smart high school senior who exudes confidence, especially when it concerns what other people should do with their lives. When it comes to her own life, she is not so sure, but she covers that up with witty banter, energy, and humor.
HARRIET SMITH (Female)
- A sophomore who is sometimes shy, easily swayed, and incurably romantic. Although her emotions can vary wildly, her sweetness never goes away.
JEFF KNIGHTLEY (Male)
- A super-smart, clean-cut senior who finds himself enlisted as a substitute teacher for the freshman and sophomore science classes. He is witty and has a good sense of humor, but he’s sometimes a know-it-all.
FRANKIE CHURCHILL (Male)
- A world famous pop star who attended Highbury during his freshman year before he got a record contract and left school. He’s sometimes uncomfortable having such a glamorous persona and wishes his life could be a little more normal.
JANE FAIRFAX (Female)
- A junior from Ohio who is considering transferring to Highbury. She is rebellious and occasionally gives off a feeling of entitlement. But when she lets her guard down, she’s caring and genuine.
PHILIP ELTON (Male)
- A junior running for President of next year’s Student Council. He is snobby, arrogant, and a true politician, in the worst sense of the word.
- A sweet, shy, semi-dorky sophomore at the local public school. In his spare time, he works in the kitchen at Highbury as a dishwasher/busboy. His two favorite things are his bowling team and Harriet.
- An exuberant and narcissistic junior who begins dating Philip. She’s an ambitious social climber who also wants to be an actress and a singer and is ready to perform for anyone at any time.
MISS BATES (Female)
- Highbury Prep’s Head of School. She is sometimes overly imposing, sometimes overly emotional, and sometimes overly enthusiastic.
WESTON & MISS TAYLOR (LATER MRS. WESTON) (Male & Female)
- Two teachers at Highbury who get married in the first scene and leave for their honeymoon. They return in the final scene. (Will be ensemble members as well)
THE WELCOMING COMMITTEE SINGERS (Females)
- A trio of captivating female singers, like a 1960s girl group
Please continue to check back to find out how you can be a part of our productions!