Audition Notice for:
Artistic Synergy of Baltimore’s
The Wedding Singer takes us back to a time when hair was big, greed was good, collars were up and a wedding singer might just be the coolest guy in the room. Based on the hit Adam Sandler movie, The Wedding Singer’s infectious score inspires big laughs, charming characters and the desire to just say yes to one of the most romantic musical in years.
It’s 1985, and rock star wannabe, Robbie Hart, is New Jersey’s favorite wedding singer. He’s the life of the party until his own fiancée leaves him at the altar. Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding as disastrous as his own. Enter Julia, a winsome waitress who wins his affection. As luck would have it, Julia is about to be married to a Wall Street shark, and, unless Robbie can pull off the performance of a decade, the girl of his dreams will be gone forever.
Will Robbie the Wedding Singer finally sing at his own wedding?
Director: Stacey Cosden
Musical Director: LaShelle Bray
- Saturday, December 14, 2019; 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Monday, December 16, 2019; 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Tuesday, December 17, 2019; 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- NOTE – Callbacks, if needed, may be added.
- Info posted on Facebook as well.
WHAT TO KNOW
- Show Dates & Times:
March 6th – 15th
Fri. & Sat. at 8pm, Sun. 3pm
- Tech week will be Sunday, March 1 – Thursday, March 5th.
WHAT TO BRING
- Headshot / Picture
- Any and all conflicts for the run of the show and rehearsal period (Conflicts for Tech Week, or show dates will not be accepted).
WHAT TO PREPARE
- About 16 bars of an 80’s Pop song, it does not have to be from a musical (Karaoke tracks preferred, but may also bring sheet music. No Acapella Auditions accepted.)
- Dress comfortably to participate in a short dance audition
- Be ready to read from the script.
Robbie Hart (Male, Tenor)
Julia Sullivan (Female, Soprano)
Glen Guglia (Male, Baritone)
Holly (Female, Mezzo)
Sammy (Male, Tenor)
George (Male, Tenor)
Rosie (Female, Soprano)
Linda (Female, Mezzo-Soprano)
Ronald Reagan/Ensemble (Male)
Nancy Reagan/Ensemble (Female)
Mr. T/Ensemble (Male)
Tina Turner/Ensemble (Female)
Imelda Marcos/Ensemble (Female)
Billy Idol/Ensemble (Male, Baritone)
Cyndi Lauper/Ensemble (Female)
ALL ROLES ARE NON-PAID, NON-EQUITY
The Wedding Singer is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com
Please continue to check back to find out how you can be a part of our productions!